We’re off to the pool. In the meantime, check out stuff like this:
You’ll need to read this article to see what in sam hill that comic book cover is all about. You won’t believe how they’ve imagined Palin. You will totally believe how they’ve worked Cheney into the mix.
Were authors Jack Pendarvis (top) and Luis Alberto Urrea (bottom) separated at birth?
It’s the same dude!
Carefully curated links for your consideration:
- Roger Ebert explains why loudmouth/author Bill O’Reilly is toxic to civil discourse/the planet.
- Ragdoll pointed the way to this list of fifty timely reads – What to Read Now! (she’s read 5 of the titles listed, and I’ve read 3 – neither of us are timely)
- Awful Library Books (via Olive Reader)
- Best Library ad campaign in – pretty much – EVER (via Librarian.net)
- Carolyn Kellogg thinks the word “postmodern” may have jumped the shark
- Loose Tweets Sink Fleets – someone should have told author/nutjob Alice Hoffman (catch up on the ruckus with this article by Russ)
- Did you know that author Michael Lewis is from New Orleans? Neither did I. Check out this video of Mr. Lewis explaining why A Confederacy of Dunces is one of the best/funniest novels of all time
- Speaking of Michael Lewis, it appears that the Moneyball movie (that would have starred Brad Pitt) is not happening. However, someone has made an early script available for your reading pleasure. (via Rob Neyer @ Sweet Spot)
- Cory Doctorow’s Little Brother was adapted to the stage in Chicago. Check out video of the production here.
- In another adaptation, two Iranians have adapted the style of cartoonist Marjane Satrapi to explain the current situation in Iran.
- Little House’s Melissa Gilbert has a new memoir that has disturbing revelations about Liza Minelli and Andrew McCarthy. Click the link at your peril.
- Author Ben Tanzer hops on the Dave Eggers love wagon. Join us. There’s room for everyone.