An almost summer round-up:
- Galley Cat rounds up a variety of summer reading lists.
- The AJC also has a summer reading list – presented as a slideshow (much less reading involved) – and the reviews are actually from the Washingtom Post. But hey, it’s multimedia! Who needs a books editor?
- When I am in charge of the publishing industry, all book release events will be just like this one.
- LA Weekly gives some love to McSweeney’s, makers of the finest hand-crafted books around.
- The New Yorker gives a positive (but brief) review of James Meek’s We are Now Beginning Our Descent, even though “the characters and the setup may be a little overdrawn.” My copy is still available to whoever wants it.