Raw Shark Week continues here at BGB as we celebrate this Thursday’s star-studded reading event. Steven Hall, author of The Raw Shark Texts, will be making his only Southeastern appearance at Volume 3 of the Baby Got Books Reading Series with musical guest Blue Screen Love Scene. The evening begins at 8PM at Wordsmiths Books in Decatur. All of the particulars can be found here. Join us.
We’ve written extensively about Steven Hall and The Raw Shark Texts here at BGB. For your convenience, I’ve collected some of the highlights together for your surfing pleasure.
- I review The Raw Shark Texts: “First things first. The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall will knock your socks off. Look at me. I’m totally sockless.”
- BGB’s Shaft reviews The Raw Shark Texts: “I wanted to shout loud and proud, for everyone to hear, how cool this book is.”
- BGB’s Weezie attends the author’s reading in San Francisco and files this report: “…I found it to be one of the most original, gripping, masterfully constructed, beautifully written books I’ve read in quite a long time. Hall has a gift for understanding and translating into words what it feels like to think and remember and dream and love and imagine.”
- I complain about the New York Times’ half-assed review.
- I interview Steven Hall: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
- I add an emergency addendum to my Favorite Books of 2007 after forgetting to include my favorite book of 2007.
- Weezie, Shaft, and Shortbus include The Raw Shark Texts in their lists of their favorite reads of 2007.