I’ve compiled some interesting links. Just for you.
- Welcome Back, Potter. (Via Boing Boing – bonus the voice of Jar Jar Binks plays Washington)
- Tom Wolfe, once a poster child for the “new journalism” may be the biggest Luddite yet. Worse, Newt Gingrich seems to “get it.” Read all about it as the Wall Street Journal notes the 10th Anniversary of the blog.
- If one library has its way, the Dewey Decimal System’s days are numbered.
- A British book seller has a copy of a Bridget Jones follow-up book signed by Hugh Grant with title page art work by the author Helen Fielding. The seller says, “This is probably the most explosively desirable copy of this book on the market — an exceedingly rare copy thus.” Rather. (Bonus info: the article talks about the book “Skinny Bitch” further down the page. BGB’s FlavaWheel (male) was once hilariously called a skinny bitch — actually an “eskeenee beetch” — following a parking altercation in front of a Miami post office. Have him tell you the story. You’ll wet your pants. Guaranteed.)
- Hemingway’s cats may be safe in Key West, but U.S. sanctions against Cuba may doom important literary/historical Hemingway treasures on the island. Of course, you’ll have to read the story in a British newspaper.